National Program Objectives
- To promote a strong science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education base from elementary through secondary levels while preparing teachers in these grade levels to become more effective at improving student academic outcomes.
- To establish and maintain a national network of universities with interests and capabilities in aeronautics, space and related fields.
- To encourage cooperative programs among universities, aerospace industry, and federal, state and local governments.
- To encourage interdisciplinary training, research and public service programs related to aerospace.
- To recruit and train U.S. citizens, especially women, underrepresented minorities, and persons with disabilities, for careers in aerospace science and technology.