The Community College Scholarship is aimed at supporting the STEM pipeline and strengthen underrepresented minority participation in STEM. The number of awards will be limited and will require NMSGC affiliate community college students to work with a mentor at their home institutions and a mentor at a four-year university to ensure continuity of the higher education path. Scholarship funding: $1,000 per semester for up to two semesters.
Current high school and dual-credit students are not eligible to apply. See eligibility and scholarship requirements below.
The FA23-SP24 application cycle closed on April 10, 2023. If awarded, you can expect an email notification by May 19.
The next application cycle opens January 2024.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Part-time enrollment (minimum of 6 credit hours)
- Must have a minimum of 9 STEM credit hours at the time of application
- Enrolled in STEM coursework
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Must have a community college mentor
- Must submit a 1-page summary of their studies and interactions with mentor(s).
- Must complete and keep track of contact hours with mentor(s) (4 hrs. minimum)
- Must complete 10 hours of volunteering and/or community outreach
- Must notify NMSGC if ineligible
- Provide short-video testimonial if requested by NMSGC office