Graduate Research Fellowship
The Graduate Research Fellowship opportunity is open to full-time graduate students enrolled at any university in the state of New Mexico. Applicants must major in a field of science, technology, engineering or math (STEM).
Scholarships are competitively awarded based on application information including research project, its alignment to NASA, faculty letter of recommendation and GPA. $10,000 is awarded for two academic semesters. Funding is limited to four semesters. Students must re-apply each year. U.S. citizenship is required, see below for more details on requirements.
As it is true with all NMSGC programs, the participation of minorities, women, and persons with disabilities is strongly encouraged.
Note: If you have been previously awarded the New Mexico Space Grant Undergraduate Research Scholarship, those semesters count toward the four-semester limit.
The application will open January 16, 2023 and will close on April 10, 2023.
If you apply, the letter of recommendation by your faculty advisor must also be submitted by April 10.
Click here to view application
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full-time enrollment during award period (minimum of 9 credit hours/semester)
- Major in STEM field
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Must be working on a research project of interest to NASA’s mission directorates
- Must have a faculty advisor
- Must present research results at the Annual Virtual Student Research Colloquium
- Must complete 10 hours of volunteering and/or community outreach
- Must notify NMSGC if ineligible
- Provide short-video testimonial if requested by NMSGC office