The Undergraduate Research Scholarship opportunity is open to full-time undergraduate students enrolled at any community college or university in the state of New Mexico. Applicants must be majoring in the field of science, technology, engineering or math (STEM).
Scholarships are competitively awarded based on application information including research project, its alignment to NASA, faculty letter of recommendation and GPA. These awards fund students to work on research at the level of $5,000 for two academic semesters. Funding is limited to four semesters. Students must re-apply each year. U.S. citizenship is required, see below for more details on requirements.
As it is true with all NMSGC programs, the participation of minorities, women, and persons with disabilities is strongly encouraged.
1. U.S. Citizenship
2. Full-time enrollment during award period (minimum of 12 credit hours/semester)
3. Major in STEM field
4. Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA
1. Must be working on a research project of interest to NASA’s mission directorates
2. Must have a faculty advisor
3. Must present research results at the Annual Virtual Student Research Colloquium
4. Must complete 10 hours of community service
5. Must notify NMSGC if ineligible
6. Provide short-video testimonial if requested by NMSGC office
The application is closed. Next application cycle opens January 2023.